This is a tag made for booktube but I thought it would be perfect for me to do for my first official tag Thursday.
Would you rather…
1. Read only trilogies or stand alones? Definitely stand alones. I often feel as though the quality of writing is rarely maintained in trilogies and are often over commercialised. I also hate cliffhangers…
2. Read only female or male authors? As long as they’re good I couldn’t care less.
3. Shop at Waterstones or Amazon? I don’t often buy books (libraries for the win!) but I would choose almost any shop over Amazon. I just don’t believe in their ethos.
4. All books become movies or t.v. shows? This is a hard one because with t.v shows the producers have longer to play out the story so these adaptations are often more true to the book. However, they almost always have a lower budget. Hmm, I’m going to stick with my gut of t.v shows.
5. Read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week? 5 pages a day. This is because I would rather get the full meaning out of those 5 pages than rush through 5 books and just skim over the deeper meaning in the book.
6. Be a professional reviewer or author? I am very unlikely to be either as my writing is awful but if there was a miracle where I was suddenly an amazing writer I would choose an author. Although they still have deadlines from what I have heard they are often much more flexible. I do not work under pressure!
7. Only read your top 20 favorite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven’t read before? Always read new ones. This is slightly contradictory to my earlier response saying I like to get the full meaning from the book but I have never been able to reread a book in my entire existence. I just get bored…
8. Be a librarian or book seller? Easily a librarian. I just have such respect for librarians.
9. Only read your favourite genre, or every genre except your favourite? Ever genre but my favourite. This is because I love reading a wide variety of different books than ones of the same type. I also have no clue what my favourite genre is!
10. Only read physical books or eBooks? Easily physical books as like many others nothing can compare to the feel and smell.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about my reading habits and tastes!
Original Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcZFaBgg7xw
Until next time lovely people,